Sunday, 16 November 2008

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Do You Hear What I Hear? - 7" x7" oil on hardboard/Masonite
A dog, once abandoned and unloved, now rescued and cherished. We know that dogs can hear things imperceptible to us - who knows just what they can hear?
10% from the profits of this painting to Old Dog Haven
If you don't wish to buy this painting, please consider making a donation direct to the charity. Thank you for helping dogs unable to ask for help themselves.

SOLD
Please visit my main website http://www.azpaintings.com/art.html for prints and greetings cards

***********************

It's been a while since I've written anything in my blog, mainly because of pressure of work - I've been painting so much that I developed a twitching thumb! I will make a point though, of getting back to my blog on a more regular basis.

I recently had an email forwarded to me for signature to protest against a barbaric cruelty being carried out on puppies. There was a video attached which I wouldn't dream of watching, but as I was scrolling down to the bottom of the email to add my signature I accidentally read a short account of what was happening and the reaction of the puppies before their death. I have been totally traumatised by what I read and it has caused me a great deal of distress. I have not told anyone what was in this email as I don't want them to suffer in the way that I have. I wonder what to do in the future when I receive emails such as this? Much as I am ashamed to admit this, but I think I am going to have to delete them without reading them. Of course this means that I am not adding my voice to try and stop these atrocities, but I don't think I am strong enough to cope with the awful pictures conjured up. For myself, I believe that the best I can do is to continue to create my art and donate a portion of the profits to animal charities. The email I talk about above, appalled me so much that I was virtually unable to do anything - which of course is no good for me or for the animals. What do you think?


Post a Comment